Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WEEK 16 This week I'm displaying a new acquisition the Abronia graminea
















OK, so another week of the countdown and I needed to display this animal as it is a new captive for me, and I am just utterly impressed with these lizards. Hailing out of cloud forests at high elevations in Southern Mexico (Me` he~ co) and Northern Guatemala this animal is known as the alligator lizard. To thrive in captivity this beauty needs cooler temperatures, humidity, and ample air flow, and rather high UVB requirements. Characterized by shiny green scalation that does not overlap on top of black skin the unique look of this animal is unlike anything else I have witnessed to date. Next week will be the first amphibian of our countdown, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

postskunk said...

Abronia are so hot right now!