Sunday, May 22, 2011

WEEK 48, 4 more to go.....This week: Phelsuma guimbeaui!





Ok, so I've decided to add another Phelsuma gecko to the countdown just because I really like the looks of these guys right here. They are simply amazing in coloration, pattern, and they get quite large which I like. They are very fast geckos that were introduced on several Hawaiian island and now a days people are catching the wild populations over there to help increase genetic diversity in local collections.  As all Phelsuma are CITES listed species and I do not believe that they are being exported from Madagascar any more. But please correct me if I am wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. Here are some pictures of my captives, enjoy! :D

1 comment:

predatorpets said...

wow, so beautiful and green
thanks for blogging
nice one

Reptile heating