Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WEEK 18 This week we are introducing the Strophurus ciliaris ciliaris!!!






Hello again, this week I'm taking off to the Hamm Germany reptile show and figured I would throw up a specie which is quite common in Europe, but not so common here in the US. Unfortunately genetics on the spiny tailed gecko have become non diverse here in the U.S., and not so many people are producing them like they once were. At one time this was one of the most common of the strophurus in the states, but now it is hard to get your hands on some quality individuals that will produce viable offspring. I'm off to Germany to get my hands on some new genes to contribute to the local US gene pool, and to take some pictures of some other sweet animals so I can throw them up here on the countdown!!! Hopefully I will be able to post again next week from the EU, but only time will tell!!! Til next time, teu di lou....

No comments: