Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WEEK 19!!! The gaboon viper!!!!



OK, so it's been a little while and I apologize for the delay in some visual pleasures, and I apologize as well for those facebook fiends that have already seen some of these pictures, but I can only produce a certain amount of photo's. I'm not a photographer as you can see, but all aside I enjoy snapping a pic or two of some beautiful animals that I encounter here and there. This week I'm putting up a picture of one of the deadliest snakes on this earth. This lucrid has been known to have the biggest fangs proportionately to any other venemous snake, and can get as thick as my thigh! They can grow in excess of five feet in length, and their color, pattern, and sheer head size is pretty impressive to say the least. Not to mention that they have horns as well! This personal snake has NEVER refused a meal yet. I have fed her rat after rat after rat on many occasions and she will just eat one after the other just like they were a box of McDonalds chicken nuggets. I think at one feeding I fed her 6 adult soft furred rats over the course of an hour, and she had no problem devouring them all. Well, enough said, here she is the West African Gaboon Viper!!!

No comments: